Nigeria will be showcasing its tech talents at CES 2021 edition which us from Jan 11th to 14th. Sponsored by the National Information Technology Development Agency, NITDA, these Startups will showcase to the world what Nigeria has achieved in the technology sector and also have the opportunity to woo potential investors and attract Foreign Direct Investment. This will be the first time Nigerian Startups will be exhibiting at CES. This event holds annually every January in Las Vegas, USA; however, due to the current pandemic ravaging the world, the 2021 edition of the CES will hold virtually.
The Director-General/CEO of NITDA, Mallam Inuwa Kashifu Abdullahi, CCIE noted that NITDA is committed to fostering the development of emerging technologies and positioning Nigeria for the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
CES® is the most influential tech event in the world — the proving ground for breakthrough technologies and global innovators. This is where the world’s biggest brands do business and meet new partners, and the sharpest innovators hit the stage. Owned and produced by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA)®, CES features every aspect of the tech sector.
The startups sponsored by NITDA under the supervision of the Honourable Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr. Isa Ali Ibrahim Pantami, FNCS, FBCS, FIIM, are as follows;
1. Vinsighte is a digital health startup which makes use of Artificial Intelligence and assistive technology to prevent visual impairment and aid the visually impaired to live more comfortable lives.
2. VNTS has designed a patented all-in-one device for Home/SME LTE Broadband deployment and easy networking. When plugged into wall sockets in a building it delivers superfast 5G/LTE Broadband and using the electrical cabling, distributes data & delivers complete Wi-Fi coverage.
3. Traceroot is a facial Recognition Solution that helps law enforcement accurately Identify criminal suspects. We build Security tools in the absence of good providers partner with the best existing solutions, so you can get to track your suspects in-depth.
4. LexChain – Using Blockchain we provide Government, Businesses and Individuals the ability to verify and securely exchange digital assets. Features include;
- Secure Digital Asset Ownership Verification
- Secure Storage of Confidential Records
- Digital Asset Integrity Verification
- Secure Transfer of Digital Assets
- Well Documented & Easy API
5. Powerstove Energy is one of the fastest growing off-grid clean energy companies in West Africa. Our mission is to replace dirty and expensive lighting and cooking solutions with sustainable energy alternatives for the 150 million people living without electricity in West Africa. Our product, OranjBoxx is a versatile ‘Plug and Play’ Solar Home System that power lights, radios, TVs and charge phones. Each unit is SMART, and connects remotely to our central database to support PAYG, enabling proactive maintenance and remote firmware updates.
The Nigerian Participation at CES 2021, is being organised by Digital Africa Global Consult Ltd in partnership with Compumetrics Solutions Ltd.